> Prev
From: Alan Baker <alangbaker@telus.net>
Subject: OT: Just DJT's kind of guy...
Full headers:
From: Alan Baker <alangbaker@telus.net>
Newsgroups: rec.sport.golf
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2017 12:03:08 -0800
'Leigh Corfman says she was 14 years old when an older man approached
her outside a courtroom in Etowah County, Ala. She was sitting on a
wooden bench with her mother, they both recall, when the man introduced
himself as Roy Moore.

It was early 1979 and Moore — now the Republican nominee in Alabama for
a U.S. Senate seat — was a 32-year-old assistant district attorney. He
struck up a conversation, Corfman and her mother say, and offered to
watch the girl while her mother went inside for a child custody hearing.

“He said, ‘Oh, you don’t want her to go in there and hear all that. I’ll
stay out here with her,’ ” says Corfman’s mother, Nancy Wells, 71. “I
thought, how nice for him to want to take care of my little girl.”

Alone with Corfman, Moore chatted with her and asked for her phone
number, she says. Days later, she says, he picked her up around the
corner from her house in Gadsden, drove her about 30 minutes to his home
in the woods, told her how pretty she was and kissed her. On a second
visit, she says, he took off her shirt and pants and removed his
clothes. He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and
guided her hand to touch him over his underwear.'

<https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/woman-says-roy-moore-i...

Just another Christian hypocrite...

And before you right wing nuts dismiss it out of hand (as we all KNOW
you desperately want to do):

Two of Corfman’s childhood friends say she told them at the time that
she was seeing an older man, and one says Corfman identified the man as
Moore. Wells says her daughter told her about the encounter more than a
decade later, as Moore was becoming more prominent as a local judge.

Aside from Corfman, three other women interviewed by The Washington Post
in recent weeks say Moore pursued them when they were between the ages
of 16 and 18 and he was in his early 30s, episodes they say they found
flattering at the time, but troubling as they got older. None of the
women say that Moore forced them into any sort of relationship or sexual
contact.

Wendy Miller says she was 14 and working as a Santa’s helper at the
Gadsden Mall when Moore first approached her, and 16 when he asked her
on dates, which her mother forbade. Debbie Wesson Gibson says she was 17
when Moore spoke to her high school civics class and asked her out on
the first of several dates that did not progress beyond kissing. Gloria
Thacker Deason says she was an 18-year-old cheerleader when Moore began
taking her on dates that included bottles of Mateus Rosé wine. The legal
drinking age in Alabama was 19.'

All those women are lying, are they?

That's Corfman, her two friends, her mother, three other women...

7 people... and they're ALL supposed to be lying?

'Corfman, 53, who works as a customer service representative at a payday
loan business, says she has voted for Republicans in the past three
presidential elections, including for Donald Trump in 2016. She says she
thought of confronting Moore personally for years, and almost came
forward publicly during his first campaign for state Supreme Court in
2000, but decided against it.

Corfman described her story consistently in six interviews with The
Post. The Post confirmed that her mother attended a hearing at the
courthouse in February 1979 through divorce records. Moore’s office was
down the hall from the courtroom.

Neither Corfman nor any of the other women sought out The Post. While
reporting a story in Alabama about supporters of Moore’s Senate
campaign, a Post reporter heard that Moore allegedly had sought
relationships with teenage girls. Over the ensuing three weeks, two Post
reporters contacted and interviewed the four women. All were initially
reluctant to speak publicly but chose to do so after multiple
interviews, saying they thought it was important for people to know
about their interactions with Moore. The women say they don’t know one
another.

“I have prayed over this,” Corfman says, explaining why she decided to
tell her story now. “All I know is that I can’t sit back and let this
continue, let him continue without the mask being removed.”'

But to Trump, he "sounds like a really great guy"

From: Moderate <nospam@noemail.com>
Subject: Re:OT: Just DJT's kind of guy...
Full headers:
From: Moderate <nospam@noemail.com>
Newsgroups: rec.sport.golf
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2017 22:21:30 -0600 (CST)

From: Alan Baker <alangbaker@telus.net>
Full headers:
From: Alan Baker <alangbaker@telus.net>
Newsgroups: rec.sport.golf
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2017 07:59:32 -0800
On 2017-11-09 8:21 PM, Moderate wrote:
> [...]
>> reporting a story in Alabama about supporters of Moore?s Senate
>> campaign, a Post reporter heard that Moore allegedly had sought
>> relationships with teenage girls. Over the ensuing three weeks, two Post
>> reporters contacted and interviewed the four women. All were initially
>> reluctant to speak publicly but chose to do so after multiple
>> interviews, saying they thought it was important for people to know
>> about their interactions with Moore. The women say they don?t know one
>> another.
>>
>> ?I have prayed over this,? Corfman says, explaining why she decided to
>> tell her story now. ?All I know is that I can?t sit back and let this
>> continue, let him continue without the mask being removed.?'
>>
>> But to Trump, he "sounds like a really great guy"
>>

> Trump never endorsed Corfman.  Any Democrat who calls for Corman
>   to resign better say the same for Bob Menendez.

1. Corfman isn't a Republican candidate. She's the victim of a sex crime
committed by a Republican candidate.

2. I never said Trump endorsed him.

3. Why are you comparing two such unlike cases?

You have 4 different women who independently told their stories that
Moore pursued sexual relationships with them; at least one that was
definitely under the age of consent. You have corroboration of the story
from others who were told of it years and years ago.

And most disgustingly, you have some people trying to provide cover for
this sort of thing (not denying that it happened, mind!) by stating that
"Mary was a teenager" when she married "Joseph":

'“Take Joseph and Mary. Mary was a teenager and Joseph was an adult
carpenter. They became parents of Jesus,” Alabama state auditor Jim
Ziegler told the Washington Examiner on Thursday.

“There is nothing to see here,” the Alabama official told the Examiner.
“The allegations are that a man in his early 30s dated teenage girls.
Even the Washington Post report says that he never had sexual
intercourse with any of the girls and never attempted sexual intercourse.”

In his comments on the incident, Ziegler focused on the fact that the
report said Moore had not had sex with the girl and that the
relationship happened decades ago. He also pointed to the fact that
Moore’s wife is younger than him and the pair began dating shortly after
the incidents detailed in the Post report.'

From: BK <BK@Onramp.net>
Full headers:
From: BK@Onramp.net
Newsgroups: rec.sport.golf
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2017 10:35:46 -0600

From: Alan Baker <alangbaker@telus.net>
Full headers:
From: Alan Baker <alangbaker@telus.net>
Newsgroups: rec.sport.golf
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2017 08:40:37 -0800
On 2017-11-10 8:35 AM, BK@Onramp.net wrote:
>>> None have or will.
>> 1. Corfman isn't a Republican candidate. She's the victim of a sex crime
>> committed by a Republican candidate.
> More proof of Moderate's brain disease.
>> 2. I never said Trump endorsed him.
>>
>> 3. Why are you comparing two such unlike cases?
>>
>> You have 4 different women who independently told their stories that
>> Moore pursued sexual relationships with them; at least one that was
>> definitely under the age of consent. You have corroboration of the story
>>from others who were told of it years and years ago.
>> And most disgustingly, you have some people trying to provide cover for
>> this sort of thing (not denying that it happened, mind!) by stating that
>> "Mary was a teenager" when she married "Joseph":
>>
>> '“Take Joseph and Mary. Mary was a teenager and Joseph was an adult
>> carpenter. They became parents of Jesus,” Alabama state auditor Jim
>> Ziegler told the Washington Examiner on Thursday.
>   Christians believe that Joseph was not a parent of Jesus.  Remember?

Well spotted, sir!

Ziegler not only tried to provide cover for a child molester...

...he did it with a case where it is an article of faith that the
teenager wasn't sexually involved with her husband!

:-)

Next <
From: Alan Baker <alangbaker@telus.net>
Full headers:
From: Alan Baker <alangbaker@telus.net>
Newsgroups: rec.sport.golf
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2017 19:20:23 -0800
On 2017-11-09 12:03 PM, Alan Baker wrote:
> [...]
> down the hall from the courtroom.
>
> Neither Corfman nor any of the other women sought out The Post. While
> reporting a story in Alabama about supporters of Moore’s Senate
> campaign, a Post reporter heard that Moore allegedly had sought
> relationships with teenage girls. Over the ensuing three weeks, two Post
> reporters contacted and interviewed the four women. All were initially
> reluctant to speak publicly but chose to do so after multiple
> interviews, saying they thought it was important for people to know
> about their interactions with Moore. The women say they don’t know one
> another.
>
> “I have prayed over this,” Corfman says, explaining why she decided to
> tell her story now. “All I know is that I can’t sit back and let this
> continue, let him continue without the mask being removed.”'
>
> But to Trump, he "sounds like a really great guy"

Further corroboration:

'A former prosecutor who once worked alongside embattled Alabama GOP
Senate candidate Roy Moore in the early 1980s told CNN it was "common
knowledge" at the time that Moore dated high school girls.

"It was common knowledge that Roy dated high school girls, everyone we
knew thought it was weird," former deputy district attorney Teresa Jones
told CNN in comments aired Saturday. "We wondered why someone his age
would hang out at high school football games and the mall ... but you
really wouldn't say anything to someone like that."'

<https://www.cbsnews.com/news/teresa-jones-says-roy-moore-common-know...

'Mike Ortiz, an ex-boyfriend of Corfman told CNN she relayed the story
to him when they dated for about two years around 2009. Corfman's
description to the Post fits what she told him to a tee, he said.

"But I believed her when she told me and I still believe her," he said
on CNN. "She wouldn't lie about something like that."'