> Prev
From: David Laville <dlaville@bellsouth.net>
Subject: R.I.P. George Hibbard
Full headers:
From: David Laville <dlaville@bellsouth.net>
Newsgroups: rec.sport.golf
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2018 15:39:44 -0600
Friday evening I was informed by a Facebook post that George Hibbard
had passed away last June.  A couple of weeks ago I was thinking about
him so I went to his web site to see if he has written any new books
and his site was no longer there.  Thinking he may have died I did a
web search for his obituary and couldn't find anything so I just
assumed he may have retired.

Though George and I did not see eye to eye on the mechanics of the
golf swing I do have to give him credit for his conviction in what he
believed and taught.

R.I.P. George Hibbard.

From: Dene <gdstrue@aol.com>
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.sport.golf
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2018 17:12:09 -0800 (PST)
From: Dene <gdstrue@aol.com>
Friday evening I was informed by a Facebook post that George Hibbard
had passed away last June.  A couple of weeks ago I was thinking about
him so I went to his web site to see if he has written any new books
and his site was no longer there.  Thinking he may have died I did a
web search for his obituary and couldn't find anything so I just
assumed he may have retired.

Though George and I did not see eye to eye on the mechanics of the
golf swing I do have to give him credit for his conviction in what he
believed and taught.

R.I.P. George Hibbard.

Amen to that. Very nice tribute to a nice man. He loved the game.
I was watching a golf lesson on the golf channel when the instructor mentioned George’s view with
releasing the hands, agreeing with it.  Small world.

Next <
From: MNMikeW <mnmiikkew@aol.com>
Subject: Re: R.I.P. George Hibbard
From: MNMikeW <mnmiikkew@aol.com>
Newsgroups: rec.sport.golf
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2018 10:17:58 -0600
Dene wrote:
> Friday evening I was informed by a Facebook post that George Hibbard
> had passed away last June.  A couple of weeks ago I was thinking about
> him so I went to his web site to see if he has written any new books
> and his site was no longer there.  Thinking he may have died I did a
> web search for his obituary and couldn't find anything so I just
> assumed he may have retired.
>
> Though George and I did not see eye to eye on the mechanics of the
> golf swing I do have to give him credit for his conviction in what he
> believed and taught.
>
> R.I.P. George Hibbard.
>
> Amen to that. Very nice tribute to a nice man. He loved the game.
> I was watching a golf lesson on the golf channel when the instructor mentioned George’s view
with releasing the hands, agreeing with it.  Small world.

RIP George.