> Prev
From: Alan Baker <alangbaker@telus.net>
Subject: OT: And the wing nut argument... ...falls apart.
Full headers:
From: Alan Baker <alangbaker@telus.net>
Newsgroups: rec.sport.golf
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2018 11:24:03 -0800
....that the FBI didn't tell the FISA court about the origin of the
dossier...

'Republican leaders are acknowledging that the FBI disclosed the
political origins of a private dossier the bureau cited in an
application to surveil former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page,
undermining a controversial GOP memo released Friday and fueling
Democratic demands to declassify more information about the bureau’s
actions.'

<https://www.politico.com/story/2018/02/05/fbi-footnote-carter-page-w...

'Democrats pounced on public comments over the past day by House
Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes (R-Calif.) and intelligence
committee member Trey Gowdy (R-S.C.), arguing that the GOP memo's
failure to mention a key footnote in the FBI application shows how the
party has cherry-picked classified facts to protect President Donald Trump.'

'The memo released Friday by the Republican-led House Intelligence
Committee excoriated FBI leaders for what it described as a crucial
omission in that application: The fact that the dossier, compiled by
former British spy Christopher Steele — was financed by the campaign of
Hillary Clinton and the Democratic National Committee.

“Neither the initial application in October 2016, nor any of the
renewals, disclose or reference the role of the DNC, Clinton campaign,
or any party/campaign in funding Steele's efforts, even though the
political origins of the Steele dossier were then known to senior and
FBI officials,” the memo alleged.

But in an appearance on "Fox & Friends," Nunes was asked about reports
over the weekend that the FBI application did refer to a political
entity connected to the dossier. It is unclear precisely what language
the application might have used.

Nunes conceded that a "footnote" to that effect was included in the
application, while faulting the bureau for failing to provide more
specifics.'

What's really weird is that all you wing nuts hang on every word that
they broadcast on Fox News...

....but somehow missed this.

:-)

From: Moderate <nospam@noemail.com>
Subject: Re:OT: And the wing nut argument... ...falls apart.
Full headers:
From: Moderate <nospam@noemail.com>
Newsgroups: rec.sport.golf
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2018 16:07:16 -0600 (CST)
Alan Baker<alangbaker@telus.net> Wrote in message:
> ...that the FBI didn't tell the FISA court about the origin of the
> dossier...
>
> 'Republican leaders are acknowledging that the FBI disclosed the
> political origins of a private dossier the bureau cited in an
> application to surveil former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page,
> undermining a controversial GOP memo released Friday and fueling
> Democratic demands to declassify more information about the bureau?s
> actions.'
>
> <https://www.politico.com/story/2018/02/05/fbi-footnote-carter-page-w...
>
> 'Democrats pounced on public comments over the past day by House
> Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes (R-Calif.) and intelligence
> committee member Trey Gowdy (R-S.C.), arguing that the GOP memo's
> failure to mention a key footnote in the FBI application shows how the
> party has cherry-picked classified facts to protect President Donald Trump.'
>
> 'The memo released Friday by the Republican-led House Intelligence
> Committee excoriated FBI leaders for what it described as a crucial
> omission in that application: The fact that the dossier, compiled by
> former British spy Christopher Steele ? was financed by the campaign of
> Hillary Clinton and the Democratic National Committee.
>
> ?Neither the initial application in October 2016, nor any of the
> renewals, disclose or reference the role of the DNC, Clinton campaign,
> or any party/campaign in funding Steele's efforts, even though the
> political origins of the Steele dossier were then known to senior and
> FBI officials,? the memo alleged.
>
> But in an appearance on "Fox & Friends," Nunes was asked about reports
> over the weekend that the FBI application did refer to a political
> entity connected to the dossier. It is unclear precisely what language
> the application might have used.
>
> Nunes conceded that a "footnote" to that effect was included in the
> application, while faulting the bureau for failing to provide more
> specifics.'
>
> What's really weird is that all you wing nuts hang on every word that
> they broadcast on Fox News...
>
> ...but somehow missed this.
>
> :-)

The footnote only indicated the dossier was compiled at the
 direction of a law firm "who had hired an identified U.S. person"
 now known as Glenn Simpson.

No mention of Hillary or DNC.

You somehow missed this.

From: Alan Baker <alangbaker@telus.net>
Full headers:
From: Alan Baker <alangbaker@telus.net>
Newsgroups: rec.sport.golf
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2018 15:08:34 -0800
On 2018-02-08 2:07 PM, Moderate wrote:
> Alan Baker<alangbaker@telus.net> Wrote in message:
>> ...that the FBI didn't tell the FISA court about the origin of the
>> dossier...
>>
>> 'Republican leaders are acknowledging that the FBI disclosed the
>> political origins of a private dossier the bureau cited in an
>> application to surveil former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page,
>> undermining a controversial GOP memo released Friday and fueling
>> Democratic demands to declassify more information about the bureau?s
>> actions.'
>>
>> <https://www.politico.com/story/2018/02/05/fbi-footnote-carter-page-w...
>>
>> 'Democrats pounced on public comments over the past day by House
>> Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes (R-Calif.) and intelligence
>> committee member Trey Gowdy (R-S.C.), arguing that the GOP memo's
>> failure to mention a key footnote in the FBI application shows how the
>> party has cherry-picked classified facts to protect President Donald Trump.'
>>
>> 'The memo released Friday by the Republican-led House Intelligence
>> Committee excoriated FBI leaders for what it described as a crucial
>> omission in that application: The fact that the dossier, compiled by
>> former British spy Christopher Steele ? was financed by the campaign of
>> Hillary Clinton and the Democratic National Committee.
>>
>> ?Neither the initial application in October 2016, nor any of the
>> renewals, disclose or reference the role of the DNC, Clinton campaign,
>> or any party/campaign in funding Steele's efforts, even though the
>> political origins of the Steele dossier were then known to senior and
>> FBI officials,? the memo alleged.
>>
>> But in an appearance on "Fox & Friends," Nunes was asked about reports
>> over the weekend that the FBI application did refer to a political
>> entity connected to the dossier. It is unclear precisely what language
>> the application might have used.
>>
>> Nunes conceded that a "footnote" to that effect was included in the
>> application, while faulting the bureau for failing to provide more
>> specifics.'
>>
>> What's really weird is that all you wing nuts hang on every word that
>> they broadcast on Fox News...
>>
>> ...but somehow missed this.
>>
>> :-)
>>

> The footnote only indicated the dossier was compiled at the
>   direction of a law firm "who had hired an identified U.S. person"
>   now known as Glenn Simpson.

Cite something or that's just more fake news, LTU.

> No mention of Hillary or DNC.

Prove it.

From: Paris Troyka <cnn@fake.news>
Full headers:
From: Paris Troyka <cnn@fake.news>
Newsgroups: rec.sport.golf
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2018 10:52:02 -0700
On 2/8/2018 4:08 PM, Alan Baker wrote:

> Cite something or that's just more fake news, LTU.

Why?

You have your CBC for that, Cuntnadian trash.

Next <
From: DumbedDownUSA <ddtrumpets@gmail.com>
From: "DumbedDownUSA" <ddtrumpets@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: rec.sport.golf
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2018 05:32:59 -0000 (UTC)
Moderate wrote:

> Alan Baker<alangbaker@telus.net> Wrote in message:
> > ...that the FBI didn't tell the FISA court about the origin of the
> > dossier...
> >
> > 'Republican leaders are acknowledging that the FBI disclosed the
> > political origins of a private dossier the bureau cited in an
> > application to surveil former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page,
> > undermining a controversial GOP memo released Friday and fueling
> > Democratic demands to declassify more information about the
> > bureau?s actions.'

<https://www.politico.com/story/2018/02/05/fbi-footnote-carter-page-w...

> > 'Democrats pounced on public comments over the past day by House
> > Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes (R-Calif.) and
> > intelligence committee member Trey Gowdy (R-S.C.), arguing that the
> > GOP memo's failure to mention a key footnote in the FBI application
> > shows how the party has cherry-picked classified facts to protect
> > President Donald Trump.'
> >
> > 'The memo released Friday by the Republican-led House Intelligence
> > Committee excoriated FBI leaders for what it described as a crucial
> > omission in that application: The fact that the dossier, compiled
> > by former British spy Christopher Steele ? was financed by the
> > campaign of Hillary Clinton and the Democratic National Committee.
> >
> > ?Neither the initial application in October 2016, nor any of the
> > renewals, disclose or reference the role of the DNC, Clinton
> > campaign, or any party/campaign in funding Steele's efforts, even
> > though the political origins of the Steele dossier were then known
> > to senior and FBI officials,? the memo alleged.
> >
> > But in an appearance on "Fox & Friends," Nunes was asked about
> > reports over the weekend that the FBI application did refer to a
> > political entity connected to the dossier. It is unclear precisely
> > what language the application might have used.
> >
> > Nunes conceded that a "footnote" to that effect was included in the
> > application, while faulting the bureau for failing to provide more
> > specifics.'
> >
> > What's really weird is that all you wing nuts hang on every word
> > that they broadcast on Fox News...
> >
> > ...but somehow missed this.
> >
> > :-)
> >

> The footnote only indicated the dossier was compiled at the
>  direction of a law firm "who had hired an identified U.S. person"
>  now known as Glenn Simpson.
>
> No mention of Hillary or DNC.
>
> You somehow missed this.

IT wouldn't mention Hillary for good reason, doofus. As long as it
indicated some possible politcal bias the memo is ashes... to anyone
who isn't simply trying to use it as political propaganda... but that
would be attempting to politicise the work of the FBI... and your
against that, right?

--
Trump: If there is a shutdown I think it would be a tremendously
negative mark on the president of the United States. He