> Prev
From: Ronw <welshron@gmail.com>
Subject: Princess Diamond Japan
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.travel.cruises
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2017 17:07:21 -0700 (PDT)
From: Ronw <welshron@gmail.com>
I am doing back to back north and south island in August
Been on many other cruises but never Princess or Japan

Tips appreciated please

Which shore excursions or do your own?

Bringing alcohol on board ?

Dining?

I realise english speaking guests are in the minority

From: RayC <ray@rayzplace.com>
Subject: Re: Princess Diamond Japan
Full headers:
From: RayC <ray@rayzplace.com>
Newsgroups: rec.travel.cruises
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2017 02:14:21 -0700
Tokyo is huge so definitely take a tour that shows you the highlights.
If you are there for more than one day, visit the fish market in the
early morning for a VERY interesting experience.  And, in Yokohama,
there is a place called Shin-Yokohama Ramen Museum.  It is a great place
to go and have some of the best Ramen available.  There is a charge to
get in since it is basically a theme park.  When you go in, it is like
popping back to late 50s Japan.  I think there are about a half dozen
(maybe more) Ramen shops and each has a different style.  Plus, there
are a couple of other shops where you can get other goodies to get for
gifts.  Anywhere you go, visit as many castles and temples as possible.

An oddity on the food ... only beers and bread are served BIG.
Everything else is fairly small serving sizes.  And if you order a soft
drink without ice, you will most likely get only half a glass and no
refills.

You have to find a kaiten sushi place.  Besides being good, most are
pretty fun, too.  We found one that, as you finished one plate, you fed
it into a slot and got a small prize.  Plus, for every five plates you
got a spin of a wheel to win another surprise.  I love everything they
had on the conveyor ... except the natto.  They say it is an acquired
taste, but I just couldn't get past the first bite.

Most important, have fun and try EVERYTHING!  Japan is a fun place to visit.

--

Ray
+++++++++++++++++++++++

On 6/15/2017 5:07 PM, Ronw wrote:
> I am doing back to back north and south island in August
> Been on many other cruises but never Princess or Japan
>
> Tips appreciated please
>
> Which shore excursions or do your own?
>
> Bringing alcohol on board ?
>
> Dining?
>
> I realise english speaking guests are in the minority

---

From: Ronw <welshron@gmail.com>
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.travel.cruises
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2017 16:58:00 -0700 (PDT)
From: Ronw <welshron@gmail.com>
On Friday, 16 June 2017 10:07:23 UTC+10, Ronw  wrote:
> I am doing back to back north and south island in August
> Been on many other cruises but never Princess or Japan
>
> Tips appreciated please
>
> Which shore excursions or do your own?
>
> Bringing alcohol on board ?
>
> Dining?
>
> I realise english speaking guests are in the minority

we will arrive today - thanks so much